Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sufficient

If you hear a strange noise tomorrow it will be me.... "singing" TGIF at the top of my lungs.

And meaning it.  

Every.single.word.

It's been a BIT of a week.  

Drama, unnecessary, uncalled for and unjust.  

A week of struggling for the moral high ground, trying to keep perspective and trying to walk through some muck with those nearest and dearest to me.  

It will all be alright in the end but this week......just crappy.

Except for this.

It is always in these sorts of clarifying moments that you get to know who your true friends are.   

I have been blessed by love and support and flowers and hugs and hand holding and the tears of some truly great people who I am beyond grateful to have in my life.

I didn't need THIS to know I have great family and friends and colleagues but it sure is a HUGE blessing to see your army emerge when you need it!  


As I was wearily coming home today this magnificent rhododendron, in almost full bloom now, greeted me.  

It took me right back to the day, over a decade ago now, when we stood on the sidewalk, took a deep breath and made an offer on this house.  

The rhodie was flowering that day.  

And so here I am noticing and being ever so grateful for our home, the gift that it was and is to us and to others, and feeling somehow grounded by the fact that through all the ups and downs that life delivers to us that the world keeps on turning and flowers keep on blooming and we are given Grace that is sufficient for the day...THIS day.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...