Thursday, October 3, 2013

Counting Chickens

There is that old addage "Don't count your chickens before they hatch".

Really?

Isn't that (counting chickens before they hatch) called being a visionary?

What if we didn't count our chickens, or care or plan for them or imagine their life as they grow up?

Isn't it better to count those eggs, nurture them, give them all they need so they do indeed ALL hatch?

Why do we say shouldn't count them?  Are we afraid?  Risk averse? Fatalistic? Apathetic?

Where do realism and vision collide and when?

And why?

I know, I know...... what is with all the weighty questions with no answers Mrs Byres?  

I am just mulling these questions over.  

They come from situations in my life, of course, my work and volunteer life..... I am curious about what YOU think?


 “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”  
Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...