Sunday, March 25, 2012

The story of the Weather

You say California and everyone thinks......warm and sunny.

We knew that was unlikely given how early our March break was and while we certainly didn't expect to be warm we were craving the sunshine.

As the days counted down the 7 day forecast got worse and worse for Monterey - even the optimistic forecast looked iffy.  I have to say I was disappointed.

But there is truly nothing I could do....no amount of research and planning and worrying was going to change the weather.....or the surf conditions.....I was forced to just go with what Mother Nature was throwing our way.

In years past I would have had a hard time with this but age/maturity/wisdom have finally kicked in.

So we embraced the ever changing weather outside our window (truck or hotel or RV) and made the most of it. 

The weather did not define our vacation....it added to it.

There was wind......
It was cold.......
It rained.........

And there was sun........
Lots of sun.......


And good surf........
And even snow on the way home........

And we were grateful for it all......honestly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...