Monday, August 15, 2011

UGH

UGH for the first day back to work.

UGH for what was on my desk...... now there is a TO DO list I don't love....

UGH that it looks like Summer is finally out there and I am in here......

I was feeling a bit low but was casting around for some of the positives like seeing my friends again, having Tuesday group BBQ tomorrow, picking up the tickets for Hawaii, a cuddle and reading a book to PPH on my lunch break, getting back to Jazzercise tonight, dinner with a friend and a former student at the Blue Canoe.......

OK really what do I have to be UGH about ??  Spoiled brat I am!!!!

Then I was looking up something on my blog archives and I stumbled across the photos from our epic trip last summer........ LA, OC, San Diego, SoCal beaches, Palm Springs........ such an amazing time.

It brought the UGH back........ not just because I miss it but because we are totally without a plan for any vacation this summer! I know it's almost over and some of you are shocked I have no plan!  But I don't......

Firstly the aforementioned tickets to Hawaii for Christmas walloped the vacation account.  This was a conscious choice given Allan had so many study commitments this Summer.....but we did intend to plan a week away at the end of August.

Secondly as mentioned in a previous post our kids are at pretty different stages of life and the chances of the four of us agreeing on any common plan is just about nil.

Thirdy I was hoping my accumulated Hilton rewards points would afford us a few nights free in Oregon / Washington but of course rewards are never quite what they seem and at our preferred hotel my rewards get us 1 night.......seriously........

So a family meeting will be convened to discuss the options......and fingers-crossed we will find a place we all want to go that works for the everyone and the budget! 

Or we could stay home and renovate the bathroom......... that terrifying thought just may make everyone come to an amicable compromise...... ha ha ha........ stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...