Thursday, July 14, 2011

Party Planning

I don't suppose it comes as any shock that I love to plan a party (given I have an Event Planning Company!!).  This week I have 3 to plan....... and I have big plans........

I planned to have them all in my backyard so it is with some dismay that it is pouring rain right now but the forecast says it will be short-lived and while there is some precipitation in tomorrow's forecast it looks like we might squeak in an early evening BBQ party!

Our kitchen / family room flows easily onto our patio (which is no great shakes but works - I have big dreams for it....) so we can accommodate fairly big groups.  Our patio table seats 10 - I just LOVE having everyone sitting down like a big Italian family......

I have bought new tablecloths. I am a matchy-matchy kinda girl and I like all the tables to have the same coverings.  Fabricana cotton check is cheap and cheerful and with some pinking shears - Voila!  I also finally bought a big tin tub to hold ice and drinks on the table..... it was a steal at HomeSense - no more Coleman cooler for my parties :)  I also bought some other minor items to spruce up the the patio and the party tables.  I am also going to make a pennant banner I saw in a magazine - one for each of the parties......

Cool Party Accents
Paper for Pennants

Allan put up some new outdoor lighting which looks awesome and I hope we can sit out late into the evening and enjoy their soft glow...... and I hope it dries up so we can mow the lawn and trim the edges .....

I made new candle holders as my old one matched the red check but if I use them with the new green check it will look a bit too much like Christmas in July....... so I assembled some stuff at Michaels (great deals today!) and "made" these.....


I am catering tomorrow's party but on Monday there are hired caterers which should be interesting!  I am looking forward to them arriving and doing all the food set-up.......and the 3rd party is a pot-luck appetizer triple baby baby shower (That's 3 Mama's having 3 babies)......... I am making pink and blue marshmallow pops!

So as I sit here in mid-summer watching the rain fall and wearing a sweater I am imagining long summer evenings of friends in my backyard having great parties....... please please please Mr. Sun....... come back........

Party on.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...