Monday, May 16, 2011

Counting Calories

Well that title probably scared a few people off.......... UGH, I KNOW!!!!!!

I had my annual physical on Friday (if the calorie thing didn't scare you off this likely cleared the room :)

My Dr. was NOT happy about my weight........ WHAT!!! 
She WAS delighted I had lost nearly 14 inches in various important places and she WAS pleased my blood pressure was normal (Yay me for cutting the salt I love so much), and she WAS happy I had had almost maintained my weight from 19 months earlier.....BUT she told me to cut calories.....

I was totally disappointed....... I have worked out consistently for 18 months, I feel better than I have in years and I am a full 2 sizes down in pants.....but I am STILL carrying too much weight around my middle...... (damn those babies and surgeries - ok the babies were worth it.....;)

Clearly I do not wish to die.   I do not wish to have a heart attack, or stroke yadda yadda yadda.......... I want to dance at my children's weddings and hold my grand babies.......(in 15 years or so......) and travel the world...Seriously I HAVE a bucket list and almost nothing is checked off and you know how I hate unfinished lists!!

So I have started counting calories....... I need to find 300 each day and cut them....... I cut 35 by switching brands of yogurt......I have given up sugar in coffee (considering not having it in my tea but am not sure I am up for desperate measures just yet!!) and will only have cream in one of my cups of coffee. 135 cut there......

I will also eat lunch.

This is my biggest diet issue - I very seldom take a lunch break so I very seldom eat lunch.  So by 3pm I am hungry to I hit a Starbucks and grab a coffee and a "snack"........ There's 300 calories right there and because my body thinks its being starved it sends the snack directly to my middle......SIGH.........

We eat well, seldom eat out, almost never eat fast or processed food, so this calorie thing should be easy to beat.  I already have the exercise thing down and am putting some more intensity into that.......

Since I became the mother of a daughter I have never once dieted or counted calories and have tried as much as possible to be positive about body image......I want my daughter to eat well and be healthy and love her body..... I want that for my son too, of course.... So we had some conversations this weekend about health and balanced eating..... and today both Lindsay and I took lunch....Yay us.......

I'll be honest I did  not want to share this post....but as I thought about it I decided to stay true to my desire to be transparent, when appropriate, about my life..... so there you go........off to gnaw on the dining room table.....no calories there.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...