Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Seeds of Faith

 A few weeks ago,  during our supposed "Spring Break", in a burst of homesteading zeal we planted our veggie seeds.  We out these tiny little seeds into the well prepared ground.  A bold move on our part - on any gardeners part - it takes faith to plonk things in the ground that are barely visible and believe carrots and lettuce and beans and peas will grow .........


Our faith was certainly tested last week when temperatures dipped below zero and we had sleet, snow, frost and cold , cold rain.  Others proclaimed their delight that they had delayed their planting.  I was starting to doubt the wisdom of early planting.

BUT

Yesterday I went out to water the baby plants in the incubators inside and lo and behold........

Baby Parsley
And then I was watering outside and the bed looks like the day it was started - nothing to see......

BUT....... than I spied these......





And ironically they are ......

For years I didn't eat peas, or anything green....... (I do now) but I think its funny the peas showed up first!


and THEN it hailed today.... I haven't been home yet but I sure hope these tender shoots of promised peas survived the onslaught!!!

I also want to give a nod to this audacious tulip that inserted itself in my front garden........ from which I thought I had removed all the bulbs, dug down, laid felt and soil  and wood chips, planted all new shrubs  and somehow this bulb defied the odds and is showing off its sunny self for all to see.......





THEY say its warming up and going to be sunny so maybe more will spring from the earth soon....... I have faith that it will............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...