Thursday, January 13, 2011

Horizontal

I have been fighting a cold for a few days.  I truly hate being sick and staying in bed. Having had 5 surgeries in the last 6 years I have had a lifetimes worth of bed rest. But this morning I was totally wiped out and although I was still trying to convince myself I'd be ok when I got up and moving - I knew it was really going to be hard.  I love my husband Allan for many reasons. I really like it when he takes care of me (something I don't often let him do) so when he said he thought I should just stay in bed and beat this bug I listened. (He is likely still in shock).

So I had my cell phone and laptop brought up to me and started looking at emails...... I answered three, reviewed a memo from my lawyers about our current lease negotiations at work, made some adjustments to it and sent it back, left a voice mail for my staff and sent a memo to the church office about the Alpha meals I am coordinating. By now everyone had left for school and work and I realised I had just put in 1.5 hours of work on my sick day.  Fortunately I came to my senses and realised that, indeed, the world will go on without me and I should really go back to sleep.

I shut off the computer and the light and it was very delicious to snuggle under the duvet and listen to the CBC from my clock/radio and I was soon fast asleep.

Until the phone rang 20 minutes later and it was the Orthodontists office (I know you can tell from my FB and from my blog that I have a rising panic that my life is being consumed by the Orthodontic needs of my children's mouths - not to mention my savings account!). 

I dealt with them and went back to sleep until noon!!!  That has not happened for many years!!!  And it took me until 3pm to get my eyes opposite the holes but a good espresso made by Miss Lindsay on her return from school has done its work and I am up and about. (though in no shape for Jazzercise sadly).

Until this blog "Nicky's Space" was from 9 - 10pm on Thursdays.  I watch only one show on TV and am hopelessly devoted to Grey's Anatomy.  Allan goes to the pub every Thursday with a group of guys from church, the children vanish upstairs at 8:55pm, I pour a glass of wine, take full control of the remote and the couch and watch Greys..... tonight will be no different!  I love life's little rituals. 

Enjoy your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...